- Please call the School office at (508) 979-4147
- Establish residency: Must provide proof that the student is living in Fairhaven.
- Fairhaven residents can prove residency and pick up a residency packet in HMS guidance office.
- The student and family are directed to request records from the transferring school—HMS requires the student’s transcript, discipline, attendance, and health records, as well as copy of the student’s birth certificate.
- The student will then have an appointment with her/his guidance counselor to make her/his schedule and get a tour of the middle school.
- The student is able to start school the day following the appointment with the guidance counselor.
*At least one document from each of the three columns (A, B, C) must be presented to demonstrate proof of residency.
|Column B||Column C|
|Evidence of Residency||Evidence of Occupancy||
Evidence of Identification
|Record of recent mortgage payment and/or property tax bill with parent/guardian name||Recent bill dated within the last 60 days showing Fairhaven address and name||
Valid Driver's License or Valid MA photo ID Card of all custodial parent/guardians with whom the child resides
|Copy of Lease with parent/guardian name with mortgage/property tax bill||Gas, oil, electric, home telephone, cable or excise tax bill,
Car Insurance bill, Health Insurance statement with address
|Valid MA Photo ID Card|
|Landlord Affidavit with mortgage/property tax bill||Valid Passport|
|Resident Affidavit with mortgage/property tax bill|
Want to know more information about the parent portal?
Click on this link for helpful ways to use this.
When should you contact your child's guidance counselor?
- Social/emotional issues: bullying/harrassment; family concerns; peer relationships; community resource information etc.
- Academic issues: such as grades; student schedule; X2 assistance; to request parent/teacher conference
- Transitional support and planning (entering middle school and high school )
How is my child assigned a guidance counselor?
- Students are assigned a guidance counselor simply based on their last name.
- Mrs. Rego has students with last names beginning with A - K
- Mrs. Tracey has students with last names beginning L - Z
PBS - It's My Life
Office of Student Services
Mr. Robert Mota
Assistant Director of Student Services
Mrs. Dawn Rego
Mrs. Joan Tracey
Mrs. Michelle Gunschel
School Adjustment Counselor
Mrs. Michelle Laverdiere
Mrs. Amie Bourgeois
Fax 508 979-4068
Why Middle school counselors?
from the American School Counselor Association